
**This recipe is from my BIL Scott-T he is an excellent cook!**
3 lbs of 1 in ch pork (pork tenderloin) cut into chuncks
2 T oregano
1.5 tsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp cumin seed
2 tsp salt
1 tsp chili powder
1 can (60 oz) whole tomatoes, drained
1 can 7 oz green chilies
1 can 7 3/4 oz green chile salsa
1 bunch of cilantro chopped
6-8 green onions, chopped
Cook pork in 10 in dutch oven on high heat , top and bottom, for 2 to 3 hrs. Check periodically, adding hot water as needed if meat become too dry. When meat becomes tender, add spices and cook 30 min longer. Add remaining ingredients and simmer until meat and strings with fork.
Right up my alley!! I'm going to try this!
ReplyDeleteHey, does this really need 60 oz of tomatoes? I just ask because I didn't see 60 oz at the store... I got 2 of the big 28oz cans, which is pretty much 60 oz, but I just wanted to make sure it wasn't a typo.
ReplyDelete