Friday, January 21, 2011

Tomatoe Basil Soup

I am not a fan of tomato soup...its just NOT my favorite..but when I tasted this recipe I have been a fan ever since! I promise you...if you can find the pesto...you will be in heaven! This is simple and cheap and we usually serve with toasted garlic bread or grilled cheese sandwiches!

2 cans tomatoe soup
2 cans stewed tomatoes w/ basil and oregano
2 cans water
2 T pesto
(Now Idaho friends pesto is in the fresh produce section @ Winco/Albertsons....just ask someone/ Memphis friends I cant get it @ Walmart (mainly because the helpers either A-wont help or B-have never heard of pesto.....But mainly A (and B turns into A (just venting a little) BUT try both Krogers and Schnucks)

ok update I did find pesto @ walmart...it is by the spaghetti sauce..top shelf

cook on medium until ready to serve

No comments:

Post a Comment