Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cranberry Salsa

** I dont like cranberries...but this recipe is the BOMB.COM and will be made in my house every Thanksgiving and Christmas. If you like salsa....I promise you...you will love this!Oh and just use the blender....it will make your life alot more easier! I got this recipe from my friend Lisa...I saw it and seriously wasnt going to try because it had cranberries in it. but I decided to try it so I wasnt rude...now I shout the goodness of this recipe from the roof tops!

1– 12 oz. bag fresh cranberries, finely chopped
1 jalapeƱo pepper, finely chopped
4 green onions finely chopped
½ bunch cilantro, finely chopped
½ -3/4 cup sugar
Juice of 1 lime
¾ tsp. cumin
½ cup sour cream
8 oz. light cream cheese

Combine the first 7 ingredients, set aside. Combine the sour cream and cream cheese, spread on a platter, and then spread the salsa mixture on top. Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.*I use my food processor, or blender to get the finely chopped items really small. and I like chips better since it is really a salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment