Friday, January 21, 2011

French Dip Sanwiches

**I tried this recipe just a little while ago and thought it turned out pretty dang good..I served it with the sweet potatoe fry recipe!

1 pot roast, anywhere from 2 to 4 pounds
1 green pepper, sliced
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 medium onion, sliced
swiss cheese slices
1 McCormick Au Jus sauce packet (found in the gravy mix aisle)
Rolls /buns

In crockpot, dissolve Au jus packet in 3 cups of cold water then add the roast (my roast was still partly frozen). Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 4-5 hours (I cooked mine about 6 hours on high)When it is finished, remove meat and seperate with a fork. In a frying pan saute green pepper, red pepper and onion in a little olive oil or butter if you are feeling chubby. Place swiss slices on buns and put under low broil until cheese is melted and lightly browned. Fill the rolls with the meat and veggies, then divide the Au Jus sauce into smaller bowls for dipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment