Monday, September 26, 2011

Stephanie's Sugar cookies


** ok honest to everything that is holy...this is the BEST sugar cookie recipe EVER! I will testify til the day I die...My friend Stephanie made these for her daughters b-day party prob 2 yrs ago and Josi brought them home and I had to fight her to eat these cookies..I was totally selfish..(yep I will admit it) So I finally was able to borrow a kitchen aid(you will need a kitchen aid/bosch) from my good friend Sheriece and make these cookies....which turned out divine!

Cream:
1 cup shortening/butter
3 cups sugar

Then add:
4 eggs
1 cup buttermilk (if you don't have buttermilk you can make your own--put 1 T. lemon juice into 1 cup of milk)
7 cups of flour (works best if you alternate a little buttermilk, a little flour, etc)
1 teas. baking soda (can be added to flour)
5 1/2 teas. baking powder (can be added to flour)
1 T. vanilla (you can add this to the milk also)
1 teas salt (can be added to flour)

Roll out, cut into shapes and bake in a 350 degree oven for 7 minutes.
**Now when you get done adding the 7 cups flour..it will look completely sticky..thats ok..it is suppost to..DONT add more flour in bowl..get your hands sticky (it is worth it) pull all that dough out and place on FLOURED counter top and knead in flour as needed...while rolling out. It will still seem sticky..be patient because in the end these will be the best dang cookies you EVER had! AMEN (ahhhhhhh)

Cream Cheese Frosting:
8 oz cream cheese
1 stick butter
1 tsp vanilla
16 oz powdered sugar (3.5 cups)
almond extract (optional.. but makes it sooooooooo yummy!)

No comments:

Post a Comment