Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Mexican Street Corn/ Stretchy Pants Sauce!

Got this recipe from my Brother in law Scott-T...who should be a chef! ok this may have a funky name.....but you will understand why I named it stretchy pants sauce once you try it....it is so awesome it will stretch your pants from eating too much and because it is like the corn on Nacho Libre...so thats where I came up with the name! It'll grow on ya! Stretchy Pants Sauce: 1/4 cup regular or light mayonnaise 3 tablespoons sour cream 3 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro leaves 1 medium garlic clove , minced or pressed through garlic press (about 1 teaspoon) 1/4 teaspoon chili powder 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper 4 teaspoons juice from 1 lime 1 ounce Pecorino Romano cheese , grated (about 1/2 cup) (I use Queso Fresco) Corn: start by marinating the corn in oil, salt and Cayenne pepper before placing on the grill 4 teaspoons vegetable oil 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt or 1/4 teaspoon table salt 6 large ears corn , husks and silk removed
Grill corn on the BBQ.. liightly char on all sides.... should take about 7 to 12 min Remove from grill and place in bowl with mayonnaise mixture; toss to coat evenly. Serve immediately. YOU WILL NEED LOTS OF NAPKINS!

1 comment:

  1. Oh you are so funny!!! So I was talking with my sisters and Jenny was telling me about this great bow-tie dish she made and then Crystal was raving about some "stretchy pant corn" they had made for dinner and how they got all these great recipes from you blog! Okay now what does that say about me... well lot's, first being that we sure as heck haven't been eating that good and two, I have got to get on board and make some of these awesome recipes! This was always your thing and I wish we could cook together and try new recipes like old times! I have got in such a cooking slump lately, but you better believe I am all over that corn tommarrow! Love you lots an sure miss you!

    ReplyDelete